Thursday 31 January 2013

SOMETHING NEW THIS SEASON.





THABO AND THANDO
        MPOWA












My heart is filled with joy as I write this article, I have experienced  something new, something remarkable, something heart warming and totally a blessing to me. I had the privilege of spending time with the new gospel couple to be launched on the 23rd of February, oh yes and I'm the first to interview the couple before the big day*high five to me*. It is an honour to introduce Thabo and Thando Mpowa, who will be releasing their debut album mid February.

The first day I walked in at the rehearsal venue I felt warmth, I felt like I was around my family and the atmosphere was spirit reviving, it made you feel like you at the right place with the right people. That just got me so excited all I could think of was " this is how I would like to feel everyday". There was something different about this rehearsal and I told myself I'm sticking around till I figure it out.

Thabo Mpowa walked in, a man who is well built and looks very commanding, my thought at that time*here comes the boss* and to my surprise he was the opposite of how he looks*never judge  book by its cover*. He came in greeted everyone including me,by the way I think I was the only visitor* well at least that's what I thought* after doing his greetings he summoned everyone to grab a chair and sit down cause he had something to say. I  go to rehearsals and in my mind I thought  here comes the thank you guys for coming speech,lol.lol
to my surprise Thabo pulls out the bible and he starts sharing the word*OK this is new*, then started intersession, I'm not talking about short payer before we start, I mean the church type of intersession , where you get in the spirit and connect with God. This rehearsal was gonna be awesome I felt it.

After inviting the Holy spirit, it was time to get down to business band all connected started to catch on with the songs, for people who met for the first time  that day, they really sounded good. I do not know whether to give credit to the Music Director or Thabo and Thando for bring these guys on board, but the music was sounding really good and very different from your  typical new comer album, this one is just different. The band, the backing vocals, wow this going to be a great recording.

During lunch I had a chance to speak to the couple and find out how they feeling and if all is going well.
But first I had to grab something before our interview and to my surprise there was catering,serve yourself type of set up and as usual the band kept going back for more till they could not eat, one even said "I'm not use to this kind of treatment and I shall eat till I cant eat anymore,shoo thank you no kfc this time.If you treat people like this making them happy surely they gonna do their best to make sure this recording sounds melodious. They were happy!

I didn't want to get into too much detail about Thabo as a singer since he has done it for many years but rather I focused on them as a couple.
While we were chatting I felt the passion, I felt the zeal, the drive , the thrill but most of all the calling within them. Mrs Mpowa was the one sharing the emotions for both her and her husband " his not much of a talker she kept saying" and he just smiled all the time she said that.
The most powerful unspoken word they were saying to me without noticing were" LOVE" that is what it is, I mean she could finish any sentence he did not finish and would say it like he would,*twin saver moment*
They in this together and they know God will see them through.

This couple is blessed to the point where I saw a couple of media people coming to check out the rehearsal, I saw actors there and alot of gospel artist came just to see if all is well,wow I'm inspired.

GOOD LUCK TO THABO AND THANDO MPOWA
MAY GOD MAKE THE RECORDING A BIG SUCCESS

23 FEBUARY 2013
5.30PM
SOWETO THEATRE

SEE YOU THERE.



Musicians I will be coming to performances or rehearsals to blog about you and to give people more information about you.
Every Thursday I will be posting about an artist or group and even our musicians.
Till next week Thursday, lets keep making good music.


contact me s.t.ndlovu88@gmail.com
facebook. Sinqobile Tshepzito Ndlovu


No comments:

Post a Comment