Wednesday 9 October 2013

INGOMA AWARDS NOMANEE: TSHEPANG MOFOKENG

 
 
 
 

I stand besides a tree of talent waiting to pick one fruit that I will share with the world and get to taste the juice of their hard work, when the fruit I did not even know existed fell into my hands, little did I know this would be the a taste that would create in me a new view about this artist. I knew her from shows around my hood and funny thing is I have a clip of her where she was singing two years ago, to add to that one of the songs she sang is now on her CD. I’m proud to introduce the INGOMA AWARDS nominee Tshepang Mofokeng.

THE ROAD TO GREATFUL

In all the people in the world God blessed me with a gift that a lot of people sort after, which is singing. I would never trade this gift God gave me for anything I am so grateful that God afforded me the opportunity to share with the world at the same time I’m giving back to him. God opened doors for me to work with the people I have worked with to be where I am today, people like Zahara, Jaziel Brothers, Mama Abigal Khubeka, Babu Themba Mkhize, Thapelo Kgomo, Pastor Patrick Duncan, Bishop Benjamin Dube, Selaelo Selota and Lulu Dikana. I had a greater experience backing for Mafikizola for eight years; I also did backing for Theo Kgosinkwe’s album and Nhlanhla Nciza’s album. Got featured on Keke’s latest album and did a song with Mahoota. From working with all these great musicians I have learnt a lot that equipped me for “GREATFUL”. People are different I have learnt to be patient, the music industry is rough and as an artist you need to have a thick skin.

My album is not conformed here at home, the music is very versatile and I believe we have really stretched ourselves when making this master piece. Every song has its own identity, such that I made sure that every song has an intro that accommodates where the song is going. It is very western influenced but not too far from home at the same time not targeted at one specific group, abo mama are to love it, even nabo gogo are catered for.

I must add that the transaction from being a backing vocalist to being ‘’ THE ARTIST” is difficult yet fun, I get to choose how I want to sound like. Come to think of it I never wanted to be an artist but God called me and I answered.

INSPIRATION BEHIND GREATFUL.
 

I believe the best I could be is serving the Lord, I’ve had the urge to sing for him and I wanted to do it my own way by singing new songs to Him and when I realised that being a backing vocalist would not afford me that, I started writing and composing those songs and decided to record an album with those compositions. With my compositions I also added regular well known songs like “uJeso uPhakeme” I added a verse there,” difela diteng”.

THE PRODUCTION TEAM

Tshepo Mohlala and Xolly Thabethe were on the production, arranging and slicing and chopping things together, I believe this duo is the best for this project as they enhanced my vision into this complete product.

BAND

Xolani Thabethe – Piano

Leagan Breda – Drums

Joel Klwin – Guitar

Sinikiwe Mabaso – Drums (track 2 n 9)

Tshepo Mohlala - Bass

 Tshepo got nominated for best producer.

SINGERS

Soprano – Tshepang Mofokeng

Alto – Hloni Mohlala

Tenor – Sifiso Mhlanga

INGOMA AWARDS NOMINATION

I have been nominated for two categories, BEST FEMALE and BEST SLEEVE.

Please vote for me

I am really humbled that at just three months of release I got a nomination, this shows me that I am on the right track.

THE PRODUCT

Greatful consist of thirteen tracks and people are receiving it quite well. My personal favourite track is “ Modimo wa boikanyo” it is a tswana song which my grandmother made me fall in love with at a tender age and it speaks about how we can commit our lives on God’s faithfulness. On the other hand people really love track two “Sovereign God”.

 

FROM ME TO EVERYONE

My dream is that every person who buys the album(operative word “BUYS”) taps into the anointing, those who are sick to be healed, the bound to get delivered and not for the album  to be limited to South African shores but also go internationally, I believe South Africa is blessed and should be showcased to the whole world.
 
TO VOTE FOR TSHEPANG SMS TO 34050 FOR BEST FEMALE

 

 

 

 

 
Blog powered by:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment